New Member
Colombia - Español
Related to education. In Colombia, for some courses of your university program, when you think you have enough knowledge on the subject, you don't have to take them. You can take an exam about the course contents. If you pass it, you pass the course. This is a validable course.

Does anyone know an equivalent expression for validable?

Many thanks in advance.
  • almufadado

    Senior Member
    Português de Portugal
    In the UK this is an "Ad-hoc exam"

    This is part of an application to an ad hoc scholarship, in the British Commonwealth :

    Applications for Ad Hoc Scholarships will not be approved unless the student has been accepted for candidature at The University of Western Australia
    In the USA there are many ways to describe this, but as all candidature are self-proposed to private universities anyone (who has money) can apply to an "admittance examination",

    Refer to Applying to Princeton which lists the requirements of admission by both the Graduate School and the academic departments.
    Applying to Princeton's Graduate School

    All students interested in applying to Wheelock should complete the Common Application, which can be found online at You can apply for free using the online Common Application. Alternatively, you may submit a paper version of the Common Application along with a $15.00 fee.
    For specific application steps and requirements, please click on the appropriate link below:

    "Preapplication"/"application" :

    “Qualifying examination” means examination on the result of which a candidate becomes eligible to appear at MHT-CET 2009 entrance examination. i
    India :
    Last edited: