Vano serbatoio

< Previous | Next >

ohbice

Buongiorno a tutti.
Ho un dubbio relativamente alla parola vano.
In una macchina per l'erogazione di bevande calde dovrei tradurre, per un elenco di parti di ricambio, "Pannello di copertura vano serbatoio".
Sono indeciso tra "Cover for water tank compartment" e "Cover for water tank room".
Grazie a chi vorrà darmi indicazioni in proposito (ho guardato un qualche altro thread ma ci sono termini più specifici, tipo slot eccetera).
pm

• Archilochus

American English
    I'm not clear here. Is it a compartment in which there is a water tank (two separate things), or is it simply a water tank (one thing)? If the latter, then "cover for water tank", or perhaps "water tank cover", would be correct.

rrose17

Canada, English
    A water room would be huge, a tank much smaller. But even that is probably bigger than what you’re talking about. I think reservoir is what the compartment is usually called, no?

Edit: cross with Archi

Last edited:

King Crimson

Modus in fabula
    Italiano
    I'm not clear here. Is it a compartment in which there is a water tank (two separate things), or is it simply a water tank (one thing)? If the latter, then "cover for water tank", or perhaps "water tank cover", would be correct.
    A water room would be huge, a tank much smaller. But even that is probably bigger than what you’re talking about. I think reservoir is what the compartment is usually called, no?

meditation: cross with Archi
    We're talking about a drink vending machine -- so not so small, but certainly not huge. If so, this "vano" is just an enclosed space inside the machine to hold the water tank (and I stick with "compartment").

giginho

Italiano & Piemontese
    I endorse KC suggestion.

Reservoir could be correct if the water is contained directly into that space without a tank; since this is not the case, I would say that compartment is the best choice in my humble opinion

Odysseus54

Mod huc mod illuc
    Italian - Marche
    I endorse KC suggestion.

Reservoir could be correct if the water is contained directly into that space without a tank; since this is not the case, I would say that compartment is the best choice in my humble opinion
    Yet, if you do a google image search on 'coffee machine water reservoir', you'll see that that's how they call those removable plastic containers you put your water in.

I think you could also call this 'vano' it a "water reservoir housing" .

King Crimson

Modus in fabula
    Italiano
    Yet, if you do a google image search on 'coffee machine water reservoir', you'll see that that's how they call those removable plastic containers you put your water in.

I think you could also call this 'vano' it a "water reservoir housing" .
    Yes, I can agree that "reservoir" can be an alternative to "tank" (I don't have a strong preference for either term and Goggle image seems to confirm that), but the OP was looking for a translation of "vano" (not "serbatoio"), so we should compare and contrast "compartment" with "housing" and I may well be wrong, but it seems to me that the latter term is more applicable to the coffee machines you use at home (therefore small appliances), while the former makes me think of a relatively big machine, that is the type of machine specified by the OP (a drink vending machine).
    But coffee machines or drink vending machines are not my area of expertise, anyway;)

london calling

UK English
    It's not my area of expertise either, but I would translate what we would term an 'alloggiamento' with 'compartment' in several railway engineering contexts that spring to mind. In other cases we'd say housing (for 'vano motore' , for example).

ohbice

The frame and the shell of the machine define an empty space. That space, or vano, houses the water tank (or reservoir).
    Comunque credo di aver capito che room non funziona.
    Grazie a tutti.

< Previous | Next >