veille quotidienne

< Previous | Next >

KirstyWeston

UK English
I'm not sure how to translate this and no mention of the term on wordreference. I'm tempted just to go for "time" but if anyone has a better idea… Here's the sentence:

Chacun des artistes, entités, collectifs et équipes présents dans XXX met à disposition son expérience, son savoir-faire, sa veille quotidienne ou encore sa propre philosophie et son dynamisme.

Each of the artists, entities, collectives, and teams that make up XXX offers its experience, skills, and time, as well as its own philosophy and creative drive.

Thanks in advance

• jetset

French
    I must say I am a bit puzzled. Not sure if it means "the fact to follow what's going on in the world of Arts", or "looking after/taking care of artists".

archijacq

french France
    "veille" désigne souvent le suivi et la collecte d'informations sur le Web et les réseaux sociaux
    daily Web Watch ?

KirstyWeston

UK English
    Thanks all, particularly your note archijacq - that's new to me and I think it could well have that sense here though not sure how to fit it into the sentence.

Uncle Bob

British English
    Given the other terms in the list "daily Web Watch" seems too specific, apart from being too unaesthetic/grubby for such high-minded people. I read it as meaning their daily observation of life and surroundings (life, the universe and everything:)), though I don't think "observation" is the right word...I'm still thinking!

catay

Canada anglais
    I read it as meaning their daily observation of life and surroundings (life, the universe and everything:)), though I don't think "observation" is the right word...I'm still thinking!
    "customary attentiveness" ?

Itisi

English UK/French
    'Presence' 'attention' 'observation' feel too general, not 'specific' enough, actually, to me to correspond to 'veille'; and quotidienne' seems quite an insistent word to use, more so that 'customary'. It does sound as if it is to do with carefully monitoring something.

archijacq

french France
    Il s'agit de
    "Chaque entité met en commun, au sein de XXX, son expérience, son savoir-faire et sa veille en technologie"

(technology) watch, awareness​

KirstyWeston

UK English
    Thanks all for your collective contributions. I think Itisi (perhaps with the benefit of others' ideas here) has come up with the best translation for the context here.

< Previous | Next >