venture capital community

Доброго времени суток!
If anybody understands something about economy and financing activities , could you help me translate properly the expression "venture capital community"?
My Russian is proficient, yet I know nothing about finance and banking matters. Frankly, I do not quite know what it means in English either:D and I need to render it into proper formal Russian.
Спасибо.

• Jana337

čeština
    Доброго времени суток!
    If anybody understands something about economy and financing activities , could you help me translate properly the expression "venture capital community"?
    My Russian is proficient, yet I know nothing about finance and banking matters. Frankly, I do not quite know what it means in English either:D and I need to render it into proper formal Russian.
    Спасибо.
    Our spheres of competence dovetail nicely: I kind of understand something about economy but my Russian is nearly non-existend. :)

Venture capital - financing start-ups, often in brand-new industries. Such projects can be very profitable if they succeed but they involve a very high risk (some 2/3 of the projects fail). Conservative providers of capital, such as banks and pension funds, shy away from them. Silicon Valley owes its success to venture capital.

"Venture capital" is a terminus technicus, "venture capital community" is not. The latter means simply people involved in the business (typically venture capital funds). I think you can be creative and translate it to make the sentence (?) flow nicely. The former is translated either as венчурный капитал or as рисковый капитал. The purist in me is rooting for рисковый капитал.

I hope I could help. :)

Jana

ekhlewagastiR

Russian (languages RUS, SWE, ENG, GER, ESP)
    I think "венчурный капитал" was much more used some 10 years ago (and "начальный капитал" as coloquial variant) but nowadays the mostly used term seems to be "рисковый капитал".