Verb 'to be' used in various tenses

FlyingBird

Macedonian
i know seviyorum mean i love
But i ask my self already for long time if this um in the end literaly mean i am, and does seviyorum mean 'i am seviyor' because seviyor+um?seviyor+um = i am seviyor

simply, does this um in the end have same meaning as üm in kötüyüm?

more examples:

seviyorsun ( does sun in the end have same meaning as sun in maymunsun? ) if so than seviyorsun literaly mean 'you are seviyor'
seviyor (he/she is seviyor)
seviyoruz ( does uz in the end have same meaning as uz in doktoruz? ) 'we are seviyor' ?
seviyorlar (does it mean they are seviyor?)

i hope you can understand what i mean, i know they mean i love, you love, he/she love, we love.... but that's when you translate to english. i would like to know literaly if i understand it good and how turkish people see on that?

know same question with acak.

yapacağım=i will do ( does it literaly mean 'i am yapacak' because ım(i am) and yapacak together?)
yapacaksın=you will do (does this sın in the end have same meaning as sın in aptalsın? literaly yapacak+sın=you are yapacak)?
yapacak=he will do
yapacağız=we will do

yapacak mısın=are you yapacak?

i know for each how to translate to english but hope you can understand my question. Maybe it is not possible to translate literaly to english but does it work like that in turkish?
teşekkürler

Last edited:
  • Rallino

Moderatoúrkos
    Turkish
    Yes to all of your questions.
    The present and the future tenses, (in addition to the aorist (yaparım) and the indefinite past (yapmışım)), are formed by adding the endings of the verb to be onto -iyor and -ecek, respectively.

FlyingBird

Macedonian
    Thank you rallino.

but here is what i don't understand. i found sentence like this: ne kızacağım sana be

and don't get if kızacağım literaly mean (i am kızacak) how it's possible to say ne and kızacağım together?

ne=what
    kızacağım=i am kızacak

ne kızacağım=what i am kızacak

really no sense :confused:

Black4blue

Turkish/Türkçe
    Ne can be used instead of neden/niye in some sentences, especially in anger sentences.

Ne kızacağım sana be! [Sana kızmıyorum.] (Why would I yell at you!)
    Ne bağırıp duruyorsun! (Why do you keep shouting!)

< Previous | Next >