Vi faccio secchi

Polpo_D

English ϟ USA
Hello, hello

I came upon this phrase in the opening scene of Pulp Fiction.

RINGO: Ti amo, coniglietta mia. Nessuno si muova! Questa è una rapina!
YOLANDA: E se per caso qualcuno di voi coglioni si azzarda a muoversi, io vi faccio secchi, brutti figli di puttana! :warning:

Contextually the meaning is fairly clear, but I'm wondering about the exact meaning / use . "to knock someone dead" , "to beat someone up" , "to blow someone's head off"

I'd translate this is: "if by chance one of you assholes dares to move, I'll blow your heads off you ugly sons a' bitches. :warning:

Does "fare secchi" imply that you're going to kill someone or just harm them? Can it be replaced with beat up? "Ti faccio secchi!"

For example, "Blow someone's head off" is only used with guns/pistols. I was wondering if that's the case as well with "fare secchi" or can it be used more generally.

• TheCrociato91

Italian - Northern Italy
    Hello.

Does "fare secchi" imply that you're going to kill someone :tick: or just harm them?

Its meaning is similar to that of another informal expression: fare fuori. It just means to kill someone; it doesn't imply any method of killing in particular.

For comparison, the original version reads:

Honey Bunny : [about to rob a diner] I love you, Pumpkin.

Pumpkin : I love you, Honey Bunny.

Pumpkin : [Standing up with a gun] All right, everybody be cool, this is a robbery!

Honey Bunny : Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!

(from: Pulp Fiction (1994) - IMDb)