vigencia del seguro

patacones

English - U.S.
Hello everyone. I'd like to know if there is any difference between POLICY TERM and EFFECTIVE PERIOD as translations of the Spanish "Vigencia del seguro". The full phrase is the following:
VIGENCIA DEL SEGURO
Vigencia de la Póliza El inicio y fin de vigencia de la póliza se indica en la carátula de la póliza.

This refers to a group agricultural insurance policy in Latin America and it is for the U.S.

Thanks very much!

• lauranazario

Español puertorriqueño & US English
    @patacones
    I'd like to point you in the right direction, bearing in mind that not all insurance products have exact counterparts in different parts of the world.

That being said, please give us more information regarding what you call an "agricultural insurance policy".
    What does it actually insure: Crops? Equipment? What? Please explain in detail.

There are so many types...
    1. Poultry Insurance Policy
    2. Fish Farming Insurance Policy
    3. Livestock/Bloodstock Insurance Policy
      Each of these animal insurance policies indemnifies against death due to diseases and accident of any sort
    4. Multicrop Peril Insurance Policy
    5. Plantation fire Insurance Policy
    Source 1
    Common Crop Insurance Policy
    Source 2
    Also, what is the name of the actual policy in Spanish and where is it issued (in what country)?

I'm asking all this to see if we can locate a close counterpart (a similar policy in English) and use the verbiage included therein.
    (Because... yes, some policies use "term" and others use "effective date").

patacones

English - U.S.
    @patacones
    I'd like to point you in the right direction, bearing in mind that not all insurance products have exact counterparts in different parts of the world.

That being said, please give us more information regarding what you call an "agricultural insurance policy".
    What does it actually insure: Crops? Equipment? What? Please explain in detail.

There are so many types...

Also, what is the name of the actual policy in Spanish and where is it issued (in what country)?

I'm asking all this to see if we can locate a close counterpart (a similar policy in English) and use the verbiage included therein.
    (Because... yes, some policies use "term" and others use "effective date").
    Thanks Laura. Yes, there seems to be a lot of variation in terminology used and of course in different insurance options. This policy is from Guatemala, it's entitled SEGURO COLECTIVO PARAMÉTRICO PARA LA ACTIVIDAD PRODUCTIVA CONTRA SEQUÍA Y EXCESO DE LLUVIA. It's insurance for small-scale farmers who are members of cooperatives. The purpose of the insurance is as follows: "Objeto: Ofrecer protección contra la afectación de la continuidad de la actividad productiva del Asegurado, causada por la ocurrencia de riesgos asegurados en el área cubierta". Any "pointing in the right direction" is greatly appreciated!

lauranazario

Español puertorriqueño & US English
    Thanks Laura. Yes, there seems to be a lot of variation in terminology used and of course in different insurance options. This policy is from Guatemala, it's entitled SEGURO COLECTIVO PARAMÉTRICO PARA LA ACTIVIDAD PRODUCTIVA CONTRA SEQUÍA Y EXCESO DE LLUVIA. It's insurance for small-scale farmers who are members of cooperatives. The purpose of the insurance is as follows: "Objeto: Ofrecer protección contra la afectación de la continuidad de la actividad productiva del Asegurado, causada por la ocurrencia de riesgos asegurados en el área cubierta". Any "pointing in the right direction" is greatly appreciated!
    OK, I'm going to try to point you in the right direction. ;)

Aquí te dejo enlace al Departamento de Agricultura de los Estados Unidos (USDA) con información sobre los diferentes programas de protección y recuperación, con los tipos de cubiertas disponibles (sequía, inundación, cultivos, etc.) Protection and Recovery

Espero que mientras vayas haciendo tu investigación, encuentres tipos de cubiertas que se asemejen a la póliza de Guatemala.

Además, en el USDA Risk Management Agency también hay información sobre los diferentes tipos de seguros: Crop Insurance and Drought-Damaged Crops | RMA
    En la columna larga de la derecha, investiga bajo la sección Crop Insurance and Drought Damaged Crops.

Espero que te ayude.
    LN

patacones

English - U.S.
    OK, I'm going to try to point you in the right direction. ;)

Aquí te dejo enlace al Departamento de Agricultura de los Estados Unidos (USDA) con información sobre los diferentes programas de protección y recuperación, con los tipos de cubiertas disponibles (sequía, inundación, cultivos, etc.) Protection and Recovery

Espero que mientras vayas haciendo tu investigación, encuentres tipos de cubiertas que se asemejen a la póliza de Guatemala.

Además, en el USDA Risk Management Agency también hay información sobre los diferentes tipos de seguros: Crop Insurance and Drought-Damaged Crops | RMA
    En la columna larga de la derecha, investiga bajo la sección Crop Insurance and Drought Damaged Crops.

Espero que te ayude.
    LN
    Excelentes referencias. ¡Muchas, muchas gracias!!