Vignette VS Prose

< Previous | Next >

temblor

WU CHINESE
Never trying his hand at haiku or rhyming verse, Peter is a dedicated writer of _____ who prefers paragraphs,plot lines, and fully-developed characterization.

A. metaphor B. vignette C. catharsis D. prose E. euphemism

The answer is D, but I think B is correct,too.
I mean, a vignette writer may prefer paragraphs,plot lines, and fully-developed characterization,too. Why B is incorrect?

• Copyright

American English
    I've never heard of a writer of vignette. I think in this case, you need to go for the familiar -- on the left, you have poetry; on the right, you have prose. These tests usually rely on the "most-expected" answer -- and since you only get one answer, you must pick the likeliest.

temblor

WU CHINESE
    I've never heard of a writer of vignette. I think in this case, you need to go for the familiar -- on the left, you have poetry; on the right, you have prose. These tests usually rely on the "most-expected" answer -- and since you only get one answer, you must pick the likeliest.
    I have seen "vignette writer" a couple of times. If "Tanner tries his hand at haiku or rhyming verse", I will choose "prose" without a shadow of a doubt. But "Tanner never.....".

< Previous | Next >