Discussion in 'Specialized Terminology' started by Kalhyce, Aug 26, 2013.

  1. Kalhyce New Member

    Spanish - Uruguay
    Hi everyone,
    I would like to ask about this word "villoné" which means "mesh" but it is one kind of mesh for shoes and sometimes clothes. The thing is, I wanted to look up for mesh in English sites, but everything that shows up is some kind of sport shoes mesh, which it's not what I'm looking for.
    What I'm looking for is some kind of nice, elegant, fine material for evening/dressing shoes.

    Embroidered mesh/villoné bordado

    Simple mesh/villoné simple

    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
  2. araceli Senior Member

    Buenos Aires
    Argentine, Spanish

    Me quedé intrigada con la pregunta y busqué en Google, por lo que vi, villoné, en el caso de zapatos, sandalias, botas, se refiere a un material parecido al tul, pero rígido y con trama más cerrada.
    Parece ser que en castellano usan la misma palabra, paso un enlace:
    Tengo unas sandalias ya viejas con ese tipo de material combinado con cuero. Saludos.

Share This Page