Viralisation

sgaha2000

French
Hi,

I came across this word "viralisation" in an activity report of a PR/Marketing Company, which has sth to do with "viral Marketing". Does the substantive exist in Marketing jargon in English? what could make up for it.

Here we speak of "viralisation de Renault F1"

• OLN

French - France, ♀
    mmh, I can only think of virilisation.
    Typo?
    viraliser does not seem to exist in official French.

could it mean : copier ? infester ?

Last edited:

sgaha2000

French
    I guess it does exist but is part of the new Marketing jargon, on wikipedia you find Viral but not viralisation and Google has many "viralisation" entries

OLN

French - France, ♀
    I guess it does exist but is part of the new Marketing jargon, on wikipedia you find Viral everywhere else too :) but not viralisation and Google has many "viralisation" entries
    Did you find search Google in French or did you get these hits in English?
    Did you also search Google with the AE spelling viralization?

"viralisation" doesn't sound like a term used in virology. How can something turn into a virus or become virus-like, let alone Renault Formule 1 ??:confused:

Can you please copy the definitions here for everyone (viral marketing and viralisation)? Thanks.

OLN

French - France, ♀
    Viralisation though I found it only in French!
    Then please give us the official or unofficial definition or at least your definition in the phrase viralisation de Renault.This might help others to help you.

sgaha2000

French
    do you think spreading the word works in this context?

Nous avons également remporté le Grand prix pour la viralisation de Renault F1?