visa for projection

< Previous | Next >

Aiezsedai

Bulgarian
Is there a word in engineering visa for projection or is there another term with the meaning: permission to make a projection of a building?

• cyberpedant

English USA, Northeast, NYC
    The closest I can come is "release." In the US we don't need permission to make a drawing of a building—unless it is a military installation or some other place of high security. In some cases, you would need a release to publish the drawing .

Matching Mole

England, English
    The existence of the phrase on the web is entirely limited to a few Bulgarian sites. I expect someone (perhaps an official) at one point has translated the Bulgarian terms in this way.

As far as I am aware it is unknown outside of this context. I would say it is virtually incomprehensible in English. "Visa" is rarely used for anything other than permits to enter and stay in a country, although it technically has a broader meaning (but not the one meant in the topic phrase, where it seems to mean plan), and the word "projection" appears to be used incorrectly.

Without fully understanding what is implied, it's difficult to come up with an alternative. It may well unique to the process in Bulgaria, with no exact equivalent elsewhere, and is probably best left as is, as a technical term.

Elwintee

England English
    Is there a word in engineering visa for projection or is there another term with the meaning: permission to make a projection of a building?
    I've just had a further thought: could 'projection' here mean 'extension'? This would make sense in the form of planning consent for an extension to a building.

Matching Mole

England, English
    From what I can gather, it refers to the building of new houses, and appears to be an approved set of plans with permission to build; a document granting planning permission. "Projection" perhaps means "project", I don't see as it refers to either isometrics or things sticking out.

GreenWhiteBlue

USA - English
    I don't understand this either.

No one needs any kind of permission to make a proposal regarding a building.

On the other hand, various sorts of permits may be necessary to allow the actual construction of a building.

< Previous | Next >