Voglio che la Roma vinca

ForzaMilan

English
Provo imparare il presente del congiuntivo. Questo sarebbe corretto?

Voglio che la Roma vinca e voglio che Lazio perda?

• Pirlo

English
    Voglio che la Roma vinca e voglio che Lazio perda
    This sounds very repetitive to me, especially in speech. I think this would still convey the same message, and sound more appropriate. I don't like the use of Volere, I think Sperare is more applicable to the nature of the sentence.

"Voglio che la Roma vinca e voglio che Lazio perda" :tick:
    "I hope that Roma win" :tick: :tick:
    "Spero che la Roma vinca"

I don't think the latter of the initial sentence is needed, if you express hope of one team winning, in a bout that has only two possible outcomes, then the desire for the other team losing is automatically conveyed (unless you wish for a draw, heh!)

I hope this helps, I just personally think these corrections / suggestions are more appropriate.

Regards,
    Pirlo

pinturicchio07

English, U.S.
    This sounds very repetitive to me, especially in speech. I think this would still convey the same message, and sound more appropriate. I don't like the use of Volere, I think Sperare is more applicable to the nature of the sentence.

"I hope that Roma win" :tick: :tick:

I don't think the latter of the initial sentence is needed, if you express hope of one team winning, in a bout that has only two possible outcomes, then the desire for the other team losing is automatically conveyed (unless you wish for a draw, heh!)

I hope this helps, I just personally think these corrections / suggestions are more appropriate.

Regards,
    Pirlo
    However, I believe that ForzaMilan was referring to two different games if we are talking about the current situation in calcio and considering his name (ForzaMilan). But, of course, he could be referring to one game - albeit, I'd like to think he's considering Milan's chances to secure that fourth spot!

Forza Palermo! :D

Lorenzo

lsp

NY
    US, English
    "I hope that Roma wins" :tick: :tick:
    Small, but significant typo.
    (I think we were dealing more with a linguistic exercise on the use of the subjunctive than a creative writing example ;))

Pirlo

English
    However, I believe that ForzaMilan was referring to two different games if we are talking about the current situation in calcio and considering his name (ForzaMilan). But, of course, he could be referring to one game - albeit, I'd like to think he's considering Milan's chances to secure that fourth spot!

Forza Palermo! Forza Milano! :D
    That's a possibility also! I'd assumed he was refering to the Lazio derby that took place a week or two ago. (I made a small fixture to your post, hehe! ;))

Small, but significant typo.
    (I think we were dealing more with a linguistic exercise on the use of the subjunctive than a creative writing example ;))
    Thanks for the fixture, Lsp. I'd assumed it was a linguistic exercise, but just incase, I thought It'd add that input! I hope It was still useful.

< Previous | Next >