voiler, envelopper, entourer


England, English

i am trying to say a suspicion/mystery which surrounds/shrouds/veils a character. i have made several attempts and ideally would like to know if any of them are synonyms because i have to refer to 'shrouded in mystery' etc. a number of times. here goes:

le mystere qui l'enveloppe

le mystere qui l'entoure

le myster autour de Lucy

le mystere qui voile Lucy

merci en avance pour votre aide
  • Donaldos

    Senior Member
    French - France
    They're all pretty similar except for the last one which sounds wrong in French.

    Note that the word "mystery" is spelt "mystère" in French


    Senior Member
    France, French
    "Le mystère qui l'entoure" seems fine to me.
    I would rule out "Le mystère qui voile Lucy". It does not sound correct.
    < Previous | Next >