voz y voto

pitufaska

Venezuela
¿Cómo se dice voz y voto en inglés? aqui esta el contexto:
(Ellos) pudiendo asistir a las Asambleas con voz y voto...

Muchísimas gracias.

Moderator edit: capitalization and punctuation are required in the forum because it is an extension of the wordreference.com dictionary. -fenixpollo

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Milton Sand

Español (Colombia)
    Hi!
    There are some threads about this issue. Even the WR dictionary has a meaning for it under "voz" and under "voto".
    I suggest you to follow the rules and try first on your own, then come to the forums if not satisfied.
    Good luck!

pitufaska

Venezuela
    I tried to look up at the forums, however what I've found confused me even more, so I just wanted someone to clarify my doubts

I think "ni voz ni voto" does not work for me and I was trying to find VOZ Y VOTO

tengo: say in the matter
    vote and say

y las opciones que me dieron aca son diferentes :s

Milton Sand

Español (Colombia)
    Well, let me try:
    ...pudiendo ellos asistir a las asambleas con voz y voto... (I don't like the gerundio here, but what can I do?)
    ...being they able to go to the meetings with full voting [and opinion] rights...

I'm not sure if "and opinion" is needed here.

Let's wait for an anglo-native.

Bye

LadyDungeness

Banned
    ** Oregon USA ** English **
    Well, let me try:
    ...pudiendo ellos asistir a las asambleas con voz y voto... (I don't like the gerundio here, but what can I do?)
    ...being they able to go to the meetings with full voting [and opinion] rights...

Gerund + Subject + Verb ...
    There is no verb in the example above. (able to go to) is not a verb.

Consider this option:
    Subject + Gerund ...
    "they being able to go to the meetings"

Consider this:
    ... they being able to attend meetings and have full voting rights

Don't use "opinion and voting rights" -- I presume opinion refers to the ability to participate in discussions? If so ...

... having power to attend meetings, participate in meetings and disucssions, and have full voting rights ...

... with power to attend and participate in meetings and exercise full voting rights ...

Lady Dungeness

Milton Sand

Español (Colombia)
    Thanks, my lady.
    I see I have a mistake there: "being they able" instead of "they being able".

In "voz y voto", "voz" (that I assumed as synonym of "opinion") refers to the right of saying, for instance, "I agree / I don't agree; I suggest that...; etc", an opinion that may influence other's vote.

Regards.

fenixpollo

Senior Member & Moderator
    American English
    say - English-Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com

According to this dictionary it is 'to have say (in some matter)'
    No, not in the context mentioned in post #1 of this thread:
    Aquí esta el contexto: (ellos) pudiendo asistir a las Asambleas con voz y voto...
    The current entry for con voz y voto -- which was probably created after this thread was opened 14 years ago -- has appropriate translations for this context.

con voz y voto loc adj(derecho a opinar y votar)full membership n
    with full rights, with a full say expr