waist bag

< Previous | Next >


Senior Member
Hi, everyone,

By the captioned term, I am referring to the small bags that we often see people, particularly tourists, wearing around their waist.
I recently learned that it is called a Fanny (not sure about whether it takes a big F) bag.
Is there a term for that kind of bag in French ?

Thank you.
  • LauraSBH

    New Member
    USA, English
    "Sac banane" is correct; I've heard it recently. "Fanny pack" (only capitalized because it begins the sentence) is correct in the US, but I wouldn't say it in Britain, since "fanny" has a different meaning there and isn't quite polite! I think they call it a "bum bag" in Britain. US "fanny" = Brit "bum."
    < Previous | Next >