wait on

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Please tell us something about the situation in which you might say this, rituparnahoymoy.

Is someone about to leave without you? Are they waiting for you to do something for them? Or is it something else?
    People need this kind of context to be sure they are giving you an accurate answer.

rituparnahoymoy

Assamese -India
    Please tell us something about the situation in which you might say this, rituparnahoymoy.

Is someone about to leave without you? Are they waiting for you to do something for them? Or is it something else?
    People need this kind of context to be sure they are giving you an accurate answer.
    Yes something like that. I would also like to add one more situation like I am looking for some documents and something constantly from behind is asking me to hurry up.

"wait On'' a while. I just wanted to know whether preposition "on" can used with wait.

rituparnahoymoy

Assamese -India
    That's not telling us anything. You need to supply some detail as Cagey said.
    Simply tell me can I use "wait on" as a standard English phrase. And also in such situations

Is someone about to leave without you? Are they waiting for you to do something for them?

Loob

English UK
    I would also like to add one more situation like I am looking for some documents and something constantly from behind is asking me to hurry up.

"wait On'' a while. I just wanted to know whether preposition "on" can used with wait.
    I would use "wait" in that situation, not "wait on".

I wonder if you're thinking of the informal expression "hang on", rituparnahoymoy?

rituparnahoymoy

Assamese -India
    I would use "wait" in that situation, not "wait on".

I wonder if you're thinking of the informal expression "hang on", rituparnahoymoy?
    I think I was looking for hang on and I confused it with wait on . Wait for a while would sound correct.

< Previous | Next >