waiver of color reproduction charges

david elias

SPANISH
This is an information that I urge to know in spanish and that I don't understand. it's important for me coz I'm one of the selected authors: "Authors of the selected photograph will receive a waiver of color reproduction charges for one plate ($300 value). Alternatively, the feature cover photograph may be selected from among images contributed by the ASIH membership at-large"

thanks for your help

Last edited:
  • coolbrowne

Português-BR/English-US bilingual
    Hola david elias ¡Bienvenido a los foros! ¡Felicitaciones por la selección! :)
    This is an information that I urgently need to know in Spanish and that I don't understand. It's important for me because I'm one of the selected authors...
    A los autores de la foto escogida se les brindará la exención/dispensa de costos/cargos de reproducción a colores para una lámina (valor: $300)...

Saludos

Last edited:

david elias

SPANISH
    Thanks a lot for your response and for the corrections you made to my English writing; I really appreciate this. However, it is not still clear for me what the benefit(s) of being selected will be, if one of my photographs were selected to be the cover of a journal. Could you help me out with the translation of the whole quotation, please?

Thanks,

D.E.

coolbrowne

Português-BR/English-US bilingual
    You are welcome.
    Thanks a lot for your response and for the corrections you made to my English writing; I really appreciate this.
    I have learned a lot from other foreros, thereby improving my Spanish (as well as my Italian and even my Portuguese and English) in the process. I try to return the favor whenever possible. ;)

However, it is not still clear for me what the benefit(s) of being selected will be...
    I'm afraid I will be of no help here. I am assuming that instead of "benefit" (ventaja) you meant "compensation" (ganos materiales). Sin embargo, el resto del texto no toca ni lo uno ni lo otro (véase abajo).

Could you help me out with the translation of the whole quotation, please?
    ¿Como no? Absolutely! :)
    Alternativemente, se podrá seleccionar la foto de portada entre imágenes contribuídas por los miembros de ASIH en general.
    Saludos