Walk away in emptiness, walk away in sorrow.

Melocotoncito

Spanish - Spain
Hi,

Today I was listening "Dead Man's Rope" by Sting and I realised of this part of the lyrics:

"Walk away in emptiness, walk away in sorrow"

What does it mean to you "walk away in sorrow"?, I guess it's like "leaving" while being sad.

If that structure is correct would "walking in sorrow" also be correct? and what about "walking in pain", "wandering in sorrow", etc.? I suppose these would mean "the same", walking/wandering while being sad, in pain, whatever.

Thank you very much.

• Juhasz

English - United States
    Sounds like you've got it. It could also mean "walk away sorrowfully" - slightly different because it could imply that the walking was causing the sorrow, instead of just taking place simultaneously. This makes more sense with "walk away painfully," which might happen if you have bunions.

Melocotoncito

Spanish - Spain
    Sounds like you've got it. It could also mean "walk away sorrowfully" - slightly different because it could imply that the walking was causing the sorrow, instead of just taking place simultaneously. This makes more sense with "walk away painfully," which might happen if you have bunions.
    Thank you for answering and thank you for that information, I really appreciate it ! :)

< Previous | Next >