Wall wart


Member Emeritus
English - US
Term: Wall wart

Your definition or explanation: One of the power supplies that you plug directly into the wall and then plug a small wire into an electronic device. It lowers the voltage from 110/220 down to 3-24 volts. Picture

Example: It has an internal power supply, so you don't need a wall wart.

One or more places you have seen the term: Amazon review of a gigabit switch.

Have you looked for this term or meaning in dictionaries, and not found it? Yes __X__ No ___
The Amazon page was the first time I'd seen it, and it was so funny, yet obvious, it deserves recognition:D.
If mods don't think it's appropriate, delete away. 601,000 hits with Google.
Last edited:
  • Top