"warming air"

scaque

Spain
The sentence is as follows: "And wasn't it your precious science that gave us all this acid rain and pollution and warming air in the first place?"

To be honest, I dont' have a clue about this term, is it made-up? I guess it must be related to the global warming, but "warming air"??? What's exactly?

I hope someone can help me.

• Whodunit

Deutschland ~ Deutsch/Sächsisch
    scaque said:
    The sentence is as follows: "And wasn't it your precious science that gave us all this acid rain and pollution and warming air in the first place?"

To be honest, I dont' have a clue about this term, is it made-up? I guess it must be related to the global warming, but "warming air"??? What's exactly?

May I translate it:
    aire calentador
    or
    atmósfera calentador

Tomas Robinson

USA, English & Spanish
    scaque said:

Hi scaque, greetings from where the air is NOT warm.... :D

Was the English you quoted translated from another language? I agree with fetchezlavache , it means "global warming", or "greenhouse effect".

Saludos, :)
    T.

Silvia

Italian
    Yes, true. I deleted my previous attempt. But now I'd like to know the following:
    'And wasn't it your precious science warming air in the first place?'
    'And wasn't it your precious science warming the air in the first place?'
    Can both phrases be said? Or what?

< Previous | Next >