wash a crack

• Frenko

Italy, Italian
    I don't know if it's idiomatic, but... don't you think it's graphic enough? :confused:

foxfirebrand

Southern AE greatly modified by a 1st-generation Scottish-American mother, and growing up abroad.
    Paulfromitaly said:
    A friend telling me that her lovers know she hangs around with more than one guy..."they know they are washing the same crack.."
    I don't understand this. She can't wash it herself?

Joelline

American English
    I know I'm not a prude; I can think, say, and hear the most vulgar things without a blush, but the image this anecdote conjures up in my mind is positively revolting!

foxfirebrand

Southern AE greatly modified by a 1st-generation Scottish-American mother, and growing up abroad.
    emma42 said:
    Fox, I don't think the lady in question is thinking about washing it with water.
    I know, but to me "wash" implies a need for more copious fluid than is being supplied by any number of human males. And fluid not only more copious but less viscous, as if this subject hasn't become graphically unseemly enough.

Maybe it's an AE/BE difference regarding the verb "wash"-- but as a cultural topic matters of hygiene are a sticky wicket, wot?

emma42

British English
    Fox, I am glad to see that you have mastered modern BE.

Having been forced to think further on this, I am now of the opinion that the fluid of which Fox speaks need not necessarily be supplied by human males, but by human males or females (or, indeed, many other mammals).