wash his major crevices

< Previous | Next >

jackie2jet

chinese
In "Home Alone",kevin said he finally can take a shower after all his sisters and brothers left and he can wash his major crevices.
Here I don't know which body part dose he refers to.

• bibliolept

AE, Español
    It's likely a creative euphemism for his intergluteal cleft, i.e. his butt crack.

The line might have originally been "crevasse," which rhymes with "ass," but perhaps it was accidentally or purposefully altered to make it more, shall we say, subtle.

The joke lies partially in the use of an odd phrase by a child and in the "humorous" subject.

jackie2jet

chinese
    It's likely a creative euphemism for his intergluteal cleft, i.e. his butt crack.

The line might have originally been "crevasse," which rhymes with "ass," but perhaps it was accidentally or purposefully altered to make it more, shall we say, subtle.

The joke lies partially in the use of an odd phrase by a child and in the "humorous" subject.
    Thanks very much,the original line is"...including all my major crevices..." since here's only one but,why there says "all"?

Barque

Banned
    Tamil
    In "Home Alone",kevin said he finally can take a shower after all his sisters and brothers left and he can wash his major crevices.
    It'd be helpful if you quoted the actual sentence in full.

The line (from John Hughes – Home Alone | Genius) is: I took a shower, washing every body part with natural soap, including all my major crevices between my toes and in my belly button, which I never did before but sort of enjoyed.

I think a comma has got left out after "crevices".

He means all the parts of his body that could be called crevices including his butt crack which I suppose is the "most major" of them all. Other crevices could include the area behind his ears and the area where the thighs join the body.

Myridon

English - US
    Thanks very much,the original line is"...including all my major crevices..." since here's only one but,why there says "all"?
    It's a joke of exaggeration - as if he has many major crevices. In fact, I believe he goes on to mention some "minor" "crevices" - between his toes and his belly button.

jackie2jet

chinese
    It'd be helpful if you quoted the actual sentence in full.

The line (from John Hughes – Home Alone | Genius) is: I took a shower, washing every body part with natural soap, including all my major crevices between my toes and in my belly button, which I never did before but sort of enjoyed.

I think a comma has got left out after "crevices".

He means all the parts of his body that could be called crevices including his butt crack which I suppose is the "most major" of them all. Other crevices could include the area behind his ears and the area where the thighs join the body.
    Thanks for replying and sorry for the droping lines,the original line should be "I took a shower, washing every body part with natural soap, including all my major crevices,including in between my toes and in my belly button, which I never did before but sort of enjoyed."

Barque

Banned
    Tamil
    Thanks for the clarification. It isn't clear if he considered the parts between his toes and his belly button major crevices too, or if the second "including" is to be read as separate from the first one and he just means the places between his toes and belly button were body parts too. Possibly the latter.

Last edited:

kentix

English - U.S.
    Mostly it's just supposed to sound humorous, it isn't meant scientifically. :eek:

< Previous | Next >