We also should tap our industrial protential ...

< Previous | Next >

windyvalley

Chinese
Hi,

This is one sentence translated from Chinese into English, I am not sure if it makes sense.

Can you please let me know your comments and revisions. Thanks in advance!!!

"We also should tap our industrial protential through using the two-market and two-resource and realize the goal of reconstruct the advantageous production elements in order to enhance the adjustments of industrial structure and speed up the transformation of industrial mechanism, which will help develop and foster a branch of enterprise groups, brand products and pole industries."

Windy:)

• jolynnn

English, Indonesian & Mandarin Chinese
    "We should also tap on our industrial potential through using the two-market and two-resource to realize the goal of reconstruct the advantageous production elements in order to enhance the adjustments of the industrial structure and speed up the transformation of industrial mechanism, which will help develop and foster a branch of enterprise groups, brand products and pole industries."

The words in bold are the corrected words; the words in italic are the ones that I don't understand. By the way, I think your sentence is very long. You should try to break it up. :)

windyvalley

Chinese
    Hi jolynnn,

Thanks for your kindly help!

This original sentence comes from a report which seem hard to understand even in Chinese.:eek:

One thing I would like to discuss further, why I should use "tap on" instead of "tap"?

tap is a transitive verb, right?

Thanks for your patience!

jolynnn

English, Indonesian & Mandarin Chinese
    Yes, "tap" is a transitive verb. I'm not really sure how to explain this but to me, "tap on" would sound better than "tap" by itself in this context. Not much help, I know. Sorry. :X

liliput

U.K. English
    Hi,

This is one sentence translated from Chinese into English, I am not sure if it makes sense.

Can you please let me know your comments and revisions. Thanks in advance!!!

"We should also tap our industrial protential through using the two-market and two-resource (I have no idea what is meant here) and realize the goal of reconstructing the advantageous production elements in order to enhance the adjustments of the industrial structure and speed up the transformation of the industrial mechanism., which This will help develop and foster a branch of enterprise groups, brand products and pole industries (I don't understand this either)."

I disagree with jolynn. "tap on" makes no sense to me. "tap our industrial potential" is correct.
    You can use "through" or "using" but not both.
    The original sentence was rather long and complicated, so I think it's better to start a new one for the last part.
    I have some difficulties in understanding the jargon here - Can you put it into plainer English or explain it a little?

< Previous | Next >