We certify the authenticity

< Previous | Next >

Asure71

Arabic
Is this sentence well grammatically and symantically !!
We certify the authenticity of the content of this certificate under legal liability and therefore we sign .......thanks

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Is this the complete sentence, Asure71? Please provide some context for it. Are you asking about the use of the word "authenticity?"

Asure71

Arabic
    I just won't to know if my translation is good. This sentence is at the end of a Birth Certificate........"I certify the authenticity of the content of this certificate and as a notice I sign here in "

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    We wouldn't be able to tell how good your translation is without seeing the original, and we don't do translations in this forum, Asure71. If the original is in Arabic, you might be able to post your question in the Arabic forum.

Asure71

Arabic
    Thanks...I truely need a native English citizen to help me do this ...it is a birth certificate!
    I already posted it in an Arabic forum with no answer till now.

e2efour

UK English
    Is this sentence well grammatically and symantically !!
    We certify the authenticity of the content of this certificate under legal liability and therefore we sign .......thanks
    You can certify the authenticity of a document, but not its content. How could you do that? It seems to me that if the certificate is authentic, you can only assume that its contents are genuine.

So for authentication, I would say, for example,
    We certify the authenticity of this birth certificate
    We certify that this birth certificate is a genuine document

But I understand nothing of the rest of the sentence in #1 and #3.
    I suggest you post the rest of the sentence in a separate thread and explain what you are trying to say.

Asure71

Arabic
    What about this sentence?
    We hereby declare that the contents of this certificate are true under penalty of law, of which our signature is witness.

Thanks for your help !!

kalamazoo

US, English
    International authentification certificates are also called 'apostilles" and read as follows: "An Authentication Certificate only certifies the authenticity of the signature of the official who signed the document, the capacity in which that official acted, and when appropriate, the identity of the seal or stamp which the document bears. The Authentication Certificate does not validate the other contents of the document."

e2efour

UK English
    It is alright up to true, but you are not authenticating the contents, are you?
    If you can do this, you might use a phrase like The contents of this certificate are true, to the best of our belief and knowledge.

But I don't know why it is necessary to add anything or what is meant by under penalty of law or the last phrase about our signature.

I'm sure that it is possible to find online standard phrasing for various legal documents. For example, a power of attorney is not difficult to find.

< Previous | Next >