We look forward to welcoming you at

Betty Swart

Dutch The Netherlands
Hello there!

Could someone help with the translation the following message in Spanish:
We look forward to welcoming you at - would that be tiene el placer invitarle a?

Also: 'your room has been booked for XX nights at the'
Would that be vuestra habitacion esta reservado para XX noches

And the last one please: 'all your transfers will be taken care of' what would be the best translation for that?

I hope someone can help me
Elisabeth

• psicutrinius

Spanish / Spain
    If you say "we look forward to..." the proper Spanish translation would be "tenemos el placer de invitarle a..." (where the "-mos" particle equals the "we").
    (Note: If you invite more than one person, then it is "invitarles")

The second one is almost perfect -only substitute "reservado" by "reservada".

Last one:

"Nos hacemos cargo de todas sus conexiones", though, to make it crystal-clear in Spanish, I would say "nos hacemos cargo de todas sus conexiones desde... hasta nuestro hotel", which means that "we assume all the transfers between... and our hotel".

I know (and everybody speaking a modicum of English would as well), that "transfer" means exactly this, but "enlaces" (that would be the exact translation into Spanish), is somewhat more ambiguous and might make them expect that you will pick them up at the port (or airport) of arrival into the country (though if this is Schiphol, that's THE airport...), and not at the local one.

Betty Swart

Dutch The Netherlands
    Thanks so much both of you for your reply. I have accepted a job in Barcelona and although I am fluent in Spanish, I wasn't expecting to put together a formal invitation right away !! This helps enormously.

If I might ask you one more question? When you mention a date would that be for example 30 de Agosto - 2 de Septiembre or 'desde el 30 de Agosto hasta el 2 de Septiembre?

Muchas gracias, me has ayudado enormamente !

Elisabeth

psicutrinius

Spanish / Spain
    More to the point, that would be DEL 30 de Agosto AL 2 de Septiembre. And (again to make it crystal clear), you add "inclusive" and it means that both the nights of 30th and 2nd are included.

The foolproof expression would be quoting dates, that is, "30-31 de Agosto, 1-2 de Septiembre".

For quite a long period, it would not be practical. In that case (say, you are going on holiday and you want to hang a sign on the door, stating how long will the place remain closed), you say "Cerrado por vacaciones, del 1 al 30 de Agosto, ambos inclusive", and this means that nobody needs to call in since July, 31st up till Aug., 31st.

< Previous | Next >