we make ya vs. we use force

NewAmerica

Mandarin
The conversation is given with Chinese and English captions. As I look at the Chinese caption, I directly translate it into English "before we use force" or "before we force you (to leave)."

But the English appears more colloquial by simply "before we make ya."

The question of this thread is: Is it natural in this context to use the English "before we use force" or "before we force you (to leave)"?

(Background: "Jackie Chan wants to see Deputy Minister and is blocked by the clerk who states that the minister is too busy to see him)
"Jackie Chan": I'll wait.
Clerk: No you must leave.
Guards: Do as the lady says before we make ya.

Source:
The Foreigner (2017) - IMDb
 Directed by Martin Campbell. With Katie Leung, Jackie Chan...

• PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    Is it natural in this context to use the English "before we use force"
    No - the people speaking are not polite and timid or excessively clear in their requests - their words (and probably the way they look) already say that they will be using force1. They are not the sort of person to hide their character, meaning and intentions. Their use of "before we make ya!" is exactly what they might say.

These guys are thugs - that is how thugs speak...

1I bet Jackie Chan beats both of them and walks in to see the Minister... :D

kentix

English - U.S.
    That would be true of a crime boss but it seems out of place in the case of a government official in a government building. It strikes me as the wrong tone.

Of course, I haven't seen the movie. Maybe the Deputy Minister is also a crime boss.

< Previous | Next >