We offer discount new and preloved English reading books for children

applejelyfish8

English
Hello everyone. Is this formal enough to be used with parents that I don't know? Is σας necessary? Also I hope the context is clear? But any suggestions welcome.

Thank you inadvance for any suggestions.

Γεια σας γονείς (dear parents). Είμαστε ένα νέο και αγαπημένο βιβλιοπωλείο. Ειδικευόμαστε σε εκπτωτικά βιβλία ανάγνωσης αγγλικών για παιδιά και εφήβους. Σας ευχαριστούμε για την υποστήριξή σας.

• applejelyfish8

English
    Hello, thanks for your message...maybe this...
    Dear parents
    We are an online bookstore. We offer discount new and preloved English reading books for children. Thank you for your support.

Huck Finn(egan)

Ελληνικά-Ελλάδα
    Hello @applejelyfish8,
    Γεια σας γονείς (dear parents). Είμαστε ένα νέο και αγαπημένο βιβλιοπωλείο. Ειδικευόμαστε σε εκπτωτικά βιβλία ανάγνωσης αγγλικών για παιδιά και εφήβους. Σας ευχαριστούμε για την υποστήριξή σας.

To answer your question, yes that would be a formal way to address a specific audience. But keep in mind that you might have forgotten to mention some other people from your target audience e.g. teachers or grandparents, uncles etc. that are potential customers.

Were I you, I would welcome everyone with a general statement or something like that:

Σας ευχαριστούμε που επισκεφτήκατε το site μας or την ιστοσελίδα μας (= our web page) or τον ιστότοπό μας (= our web site).

If you start with something like : Εstablished e.g. 20 years ago ... or In the spring of ... then I would go with
    "Το βιβλιοπωλείο μας ιδρύθηκε στις *date here* " or
    "Το βιβλιοπωλείο μας άνοιξε τις πύλες του στις *date here * "
    (I think your customers would like to know when your bookstore was established not your online bookstore).

Do you have a physical bookstore?

Ειδικευόμαστε σε βιβλία εκμάθησης αγγλικών για παιδιά και εφήβους.

Do you offer discount to all your books? If so, you can write: Προσφέρουμε εκπτώσεις σε όλα τα βιβλία μας.

At the end of the page : Καλή πλοήγηση!
    (Ι don't remember right now what is the similar expression but something like Have a safe hmm.. navigation?)

Another question where will the information be written ? in the "About Us" page/section?

Last edited: