We play football inside

Andrew

Venezuela, Spanish
Hello,

I wrote down on an information board (the kind you use outside pub's) the follow phrase:
"we play football inside", i was trying to say that we had the football match, then i realized that maybe was better to write down:
"we play the football match inside", then someone recommend me to use:
"football on the screen",
but at the end i just don't know what is right way to advertise that sort of sport events, so could anybody please give me a hand?, thanks you.

Andrew

• sdgraham

USA English
    Are you trying to say that you show football matches on television inside?

Normally, one cannot play football inside pubs (no apostrophe)

GreenWhiteBlue

USA - English
    Hello,

I wrote down on an information board (the kind you use outside pubs) the following phrase:
    "We play football inside", I was trying to say that we had the football match, then I realized that maybe was better to write down:
    "We play the football match inside", then someone recommend me to use:
    "Football on the screen",
    but at the end I just don't know what is right way to advertise that sort of sport events, so could anybody please give me a hand?, thank you.
    To say "We play football inside", or "We play football here", means that the pub supplies a football and the patrons run around inside the bar, between the bar stools and around any tables, playing football. This is a VERY strange image, and I doubt it is what you are trying to say.

If you mean that your bar has a televison on which the customers can watch football games, the sign could say "Watch football matches here!"

Andrew

Venezuela, Spanish
    Sdgraham thanks for the correction with the apostrophe, and yes i tried to say that we show football matches on tv.

GreenWhiteBlue thanks as well for all the corrections, i think that "Watch football matches here!" is ok for me, any other suggestion?, Thank you.

Last edited:

GreenWhiteBlue

USA - English
    It is acceptable. Andrew, please note that the first person singular pronounin English MUST be capitalized wherever it appears. There is no word in English spelled "i"; it is "I", and only "I".

< Previous | Next >