We will put bad reviews on internet!

Hello,

For a story I am writing, I need a non-necessarily-literal translation of the sentence "we will put bad reviews on internet!" in Polish. The sentence would be pronounced by an angry 20 years-old girl, rudely talking to the manager of a hostel which she didn't like.

Unfortunately I don't speak any Polish so I cannot really make an attempt at translation...

Thank you

• DW

Banned
    Polish
    It's "on the Internet" in English.

"Wstawimy do Internetu nieprzychylną recenzję!"

jasio

"Wstawimy do Internetu nieprzychylną recenzję!"
    Zamieścimy nieprzychylną recenzję w internecie.
    20-year old, angry person saying 'nieprzychylna recenzja'? You must be kidding. :D

When I was 20-years old, I would probably say 'Obsmarujemy cię w Internecie', although my 20-year old son preferred a less direct 'Jeszcze zobaczysz naszą opinię w necie' ('you will see our review/opinion in the Internet'; it's obvious from the context that it would be critical).

The most natural would probably be 'Jeszcze zobaczysz, jak ci obrobimy dupę w necie', although it's slightly vulgar ('dupa' = 'ass'); I do not know a good equivalent of this phrase in English, but it definitely expresses the idea in an emotional way.

jasio

The most natural would probably be 'Jeszcze zobaczysz, jak ci obrobimy dupę w necie', although it's slightly vulgar ('dupa' = 'ass'); I do not know a good equivalent of this phrase in English, but it definitely expresses the idea in an emotional way.
    I've just noticed that the person was going to be rude... then the latter will probably be the best. ;)

Last edited:
    Thank you to everybody for the many suggestions!

I think I like the rude version, but is it possible to have some attempt at a literal English translation? Google translate tells me "You'll see how you rob your ass on the net", which sounds a little strange but also cool :)

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    Jeszcze zobaczysz, jak ci obrobimy dupę w necie -- Yet [you will] see how [we will] to you work [up your] arse in net. -- a less literal, but not so much idiomatic, translation might be: You will certainly see how we will bitch about you on the Internet.

Last edited:
    Jeszcze zobaczysz, jak ci obrobimy dupę w necie -- Yet [you will] see how [we] to you work [up your] arse in net. -- a less literal, but not so much idiomatic, translation might be: You will certainly see how we will bitch about you on the Internet.
    Very cool :) Exactly the correct amount of anger and rudeness I was looking for!

jasio

Google translate tells me "You'll see how you rob your ass on the net", which sounds a little strange but also cool :)
    The key verb "obrabiać" has quite a bunch of meanings, including 'to process', 'to work', 'to finish' (in specific technical contexts), but also slang meanings of 'to rob' and in some phrases (like the proposed translation) 'to blackbite'. Apparently Google picked a random equivalent (as it often does, btw).

The key verb "obrabiać" has quite a bunch of meanings, including 'to process', 'to work', 'to finish' (in specific technical contexts), but also slang meanings of 'to rob' and in some phrases (like the proposed translation) 'to blackbite'. Apparently Google picked a random equivalent (as it often does, btw).
    Yup... "rob your ass" was quite strange...

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    Google Translate offers: "Yet see how you rob your ass on the net", which does sound intriguing, I must admit.

If you want to tone it down a bit, you could use "tyłek" (behind/butt) instead of "dupa" (arse): Jeszcze zobaczysz, jak ci obrobimy tyłek w necie! It doesn't sound (that?) vulgar in comparison to the other version.

Milo_PL

polish
    Or, if she is really rude, angry and really 20: she says:"Zobaczysz jak Cię pojedziemy w internecie"
    Very slangy and, eventhough there is no vulgar words, it is much more agressive.

< Previous | Next >