weak / feeble / frail

the1dsuniverse

Spanish
Can I use "feeble" and "frail" in the same way as "weak"?

For instance, in the next sentence: "We should always keep in mind that seeking help does not make us frail / feeble / weak in any way, shape or form."

The thing is I already said "weak" previously in that text, so I really want to know if "feeble" and "frail" could be used as synonyms.

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    If you need examples of how "frail" is used, you can enter it into the search box at the top of the page and click on the "In context" link near the top of the page that opens.

I agree with Glenfarclas that in your original sentence, only "weak" is appropriate.

Oddmania

French
    Hi,

Starvation and disease can make you frail, but seeking help will never make you look "frail". Someone frail looks very thin and fragile. I think of "frail" as the opposite of "athletic" (as it were), not strong.

Glenfarclas

English (American)
    This is the first result when I look it up in WordReference.

frail
    adj (person: weak) débil adj
    delicado/a adj
    frágil adj

A frail old man fell down outside the store and broke his hip.
    Oh, you should look it up in the English dictionary ("English definition"), not the English-Spanish dictionary. Translating dictionaries tend to give very brief, extremely general indications of the sense of the word. You should not use them as definitions.

< Previous | Next >