Weekday overtime rate

< Previous | Next >

fastizio

Estonian
Hi there!

The two following lines are contained in a labour contract.

1. "Weekday overtime rate: (103 hours guaranteed)"
2. "Overtime rate for hours worked in excess of 103 hrs"

Could someone please explain the meaning of the first one? Especially of that in the brackets?

Thank you in advance!

• owlman5

English-US
    Hello, Fastizio. I'm no lawyer, but I think this means that the contract guarantees that it will pay overtime up to 103 hours (per week, I guess). Overtime that goes beyond this guaranteed amount is discussed in the second line.

This is just a guess, Fastizio. If this question is a serious legal question, you should ask an attorney.

ukuca

Turkish - Turkey
    Hello, Fastizio. I'm no lawyer, but I think this means that the contract guarantees that it will pay overtime up to 103 hours (per week, I guess). Overtime that goes beyond this guaranteed amount is discussed in the second line.
    Hi Fastizio, I agree with owlman5 with one objection, it' should be paid per month and not per week (I know this because I used to work in an ITF affiliated seafarers' union and in ITF agreements the clause states "At least 103 hours guaranteed overtime shall be paid monthly to each seafarer") It means this 103 hours overtime payment is guaranteed even if you work less than 103 hours overtime.

Last edited:

fastizio

Estonian
    Thank you so much, Ukuca! As a matter of fact, this contract is one concluded between a seaman and ITF (what are the odds!), so your reply was most helpful. Thanks again!

< Previous | Next >