Weird problem with english x.x

< Previous | Next >

-ReD-

Italian/Italy
Not sure if this is the right place... anyways, hi :p.
I'm posting there because i would like to solve a big problem with my english. I self-taught myself english during several years, i've spent playing videogames. As today i think that my english is not that bad. The point is that when it comes to the grammar i plain suck. It's like my brain knows the rules but i don't know i know them. If you ask me to make a sentence out of scratch i will be able to do it correctly, but if u ask me why i used that particular verb form or why i did x instead of y, i can just answer you that i did so because it sounded good in my brain. That becomes really annoying when i have to do some exercises wich involves the correction of a text or of sentences i totally fail in those. Can someone give me a tip for improving ? atm i'm trying to study the english grammar but doesn't seem to help much. Thanks for your time and consideration

• MissFit

Please review the forum rules. Complete words and sentences and an attempt at correct capitalization and punctuation are expected--no instant message or chat room language. The best advice I can offer is to stop playing video games--I can't think of a worse place to learn a language.

Not sure if this is the right place... anyways, hi :p.
    I'm posting there because I would like to solve a big problem with my English. I [S]self-[/S]taught myself English during several years that I've spent playing videogames. As Today I think that my english is not that bad. The point is that when it comes to the grammar I plain suck. It's like my brain knows the rules but I don't know I know them. If you ask me to make a sentence out of scratch I will be able to do it correctly, but if u ask me why I used that particular verb form or why I did x instead of y, I can just answer you that I did so because it sounded good in my brain. That becomes really annoying when I have to do some exercises wich involves the correction of a text or of sentences I totally fail in those. Can someone give me a tip for improving? atm At the moment I'm trying to study the English grammar, but it doesn't seem to help much. Thanks for your time and consideration.

-ReD-

Italian/Italy
    Thanks for the advice about the forum rules, I just reviewed them and I will not make such mistakes again in the future. I really appreciated the corrections you made on my post, that was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again for all your help, time and consideration. :)

< Previous | Next >