Welcome Dinner

bruzzone

English--California
Hello everyone!

I am translating a travel itinerary from English to Italian--kind of silly since I'm a native English speaker-- and need help with the phrase "Welcome Dinner."

The itinerary in English looks like this:

Day 1

Arrive in {City A}--transfer to Hotel. Welcome dinner. Full day sightseeing around ancient monuments, temples, and palaces.

Day 2

Drive to {City B}--Trek to {City C}

And so on.

The English itself isn't great, obviously, but I didn't write it and it doesn't bother me.

My tentative translation looks like this

1o Giorno

Arrivo a City A--trasferimento in albergo. Cena di benvenuto. Un giorno di sightseeing ai monumenti, templi, e palazzi.

2o Giorno

Viaggio in auto a City B--Trek a City C.

<<Cena di benvenuto>> doesn't feel right to me, just less wrong than another option.

And <<un giorno di sightseeing>>? Perhaps I've been looking at all this too long, but that seems similarly off. Actually, more so. I'd love some suggestions...

Thanks so much for your help!

~bruzzone

p.s. Lest you think I'm a total freeloader, I used to be a fairly regular contributor, mostly in English Only, in 2005-6...just lost and forgot all my old login information, name password, everything. But thanks again!

• elenabiserna

Italian
    Ciao!
    "cena di benvenuto" is correct and usual in Italian!
    "un giorno di sightseeing" can be translated with something like: "Intera giornata dedicata alla visita dei monumenti, palazzi e templi della città"

< Previous | Next >