Welcome drink

• ElenaL

russian
    I am translating a programme for tourists and I can't find equivalent in Russian for "welcome drink". It might be приветственные напитки, but it doesn't sound really well

"VIP transfer to hotel/villa, welcome
    drinks and dinner"

Garbuz

Russian
    Трансфер до гостиницы/виллы. Там будут предложены напитки, ужин.

Garbuz

Russian
    После того, как мы насладимся предложенными напитками, мы отправимся

Cleare

IDF
    Russian
    i am translating a programme for tourists and i can't find equivalent in russian for "welcome drink". It might be приветственные напитки, but it doesn't sound really well

"vip transfer to hotel/villa, welcome
    drinks and dinner"

А почему Вас смущает "приветственный напиток", довольно часто употребляется, когда речь идёт о конференциях, презентациях.

ectuohy

North Jersey English (rhotic)
    I think a good translation--though perhaps more literal--would be "бесплатный напиток." As I've seen it used, the phrase "welcome drink" is an alternative to "complimentary drink" or "free drink" in descriptions of hotel/B&B accommodation...

PatrickK1

USA English
    I think a good translation--though perhaps more literal--would be "бесплатный напиток." As I've seen it used, the phrase "welcome drink" is an alternative to "complimentary drink" or "free drink" in descriptions of hotel/B&B accommodation...
    Well, I think that's certainly implied, but I wouldn't really consider "a welcome drink" and a "free drink" to be actual synonyms though.

PyotrVelik

English
    I have a large plastic advertisement for a bar from Saint Pete's, and it says

"приветстувуется коктейл бесплатный"

Just to add some variety...

Cleare

IDF
    Russian
    I have a large plastic advertisement for a bar from Saint Pete's, and it says

"приветстувуется коктейл бесплатный"

Just to add some variety...
    Are you sure that you've copied the text correctly (I don't mean Natalisha's corrections) ? What about the context?

Angelo di fuoco

Russian & German (GER) bilingual
    Probably the last offered translation is one of those mechanical ones which one encounters quite often in touristical spots (bars, restaurants, shops) where the owners don't know the language of the tourists and does the translation himself with the aid of a translating programme, with lots of grammatical and lexical errors and, possibly, when it comes to writing the words down, with confusion or omission of some letters.
    In Turkey, I saw "осиное сафари" (wasp safari) instead of "ослиное сафари" ("donkey safari"). I also saw other misspellings and mistranslations, but this one was particularly amusing.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >