Welcome message

mkellogg

Administrator
English - US
Can someone please translate the welcome message?

Here it is:
Title: Welcome to the new German forum!

Body:
Help the German-English forum get off to a good start by asking some questions.

Steps:
  1. Register
  2. Click "New Thread" to ask a question.
The guidelines:
  1. Be helpful, not hurtful.
    If someone's German or English isn't perfect, don't treat him or her badly.
  2. When asking a question, put the word or phrase in the title. Also provide an example sentence whenever possible.

• jakkaro

Germany-German, French, Spanish, English
    Helft dem Deutsch-Englischen Forum in Gang zu kommen mit euren Fragen

Wie?
    1) Melde Dich an
    2) Klick auf "New Thread" um eine Frage zu stellen

Leitlinien:

Sei hilfreich, anstatt zu verletzen
    Wenn die Deutsche Sprache des anderen nicht perfekt ist, dann behandele den anderen nicht sclecht.

Wenn Du eine Frage stellst, dann schreibe die Frage oder das Word in die Titellinie. Gebe auch Satzbeispiele, wenn möglich

mkellogg

Administrator
    English - US
    OK, I've edited the Welcome message with the German.Please understand that I don't understand a word of what you have written.:(

I took the question mark from behind the "Wie"

For the Guidelines, in German they are on three lines, whereas I only have two guidelines. I think the third is the second sentence of the second guideline, right? So I inserted a period (.) and added the second sentence there.

Speaking of which, the translation seems to lack punctuation. In English we will put a period at the end of any sentence. I don't know the German rules.

Let me know if I've done anything wrong!

Jade

German - Spanish
    Jakkaro did a perfect translation Mike, I wouldn't wait for any more

Jade

jakkaro said:
    Helft dem Deutsch-Englischen Forum in Gang zu kommen mit euren Fragen

Wie?
    1) Melde Dich an
    2) Klick auf "New Thread" um eine Frage zu stellen

Leitlinien:

Helf dem anderen, anstatt zu kritisieren
    Wenn die Deutsche Sprache des anderen nicht perfekt ist, dann korrigiere und sei freundlich und respektvoll gegenüber dem anderen

Wenn Du eine Frage stellst, dann schreibe die Frage oder das Word in die Titellinie

Gebe auch Satzbeispiele, wenn möglich

Silvia

Italian
    wie? = how? instead of steps
    I think that's ok, I wouldn't know if there's a better way to say that.

"anstatt zu kritisieren" = instead of criticising
    I guess "hurtful" implies something more than that and completely different. We're free to be critic in here, but without being hurtful. Though afterwards jakkaro added to be "respektvoll" (respectful).

"dann korrigiere" = then correct him/her
    That shouldn't be a must, perhaps just a hint. Anyway, it was not in your guidelines, fyi.

mkellogg

Administrator
    English - US
    We can make changes to the Welcome message if we want, but I would prefer that there be a discussion of the changes first... We should also make the German and English say the same thing.

jakkaro

Germany-German, French, Spanish, English
    mkellogg said:
    We can make changes to the Welcome message if we want, but I would prefer that there be a discussion of the changes first... We should also make the German and English say the same thing.

Ok I changed the message and now it should be ok, and translated word by word your message