welcome our new family to the US

karefol

USA English
My daughter is marrying an Italian man and his family is coming from Italy for the wedding. I would like a toast to "welcome our new family to the US and into our family."

• lsp

NY
    US, English
    Non-native attempt, corrections welcome!

Colgo l'occasione per dare un bevenuto alla nostra nuova famiglia negli Stati Uniti, e siamo lieti di accogliervi nella nostra famiglia.

Lello4ever

Italia - Italiano

Colgo l'occasione per dare un benvenuto alla nostra nuova famiglia negli Stati Uniti, e siamo lieti di accogliervi nella nostra famiglia.
    Better (of course :)). Would you be kind enough to correct any errors that I may have made? Thanks, L
    You made no errors:thumbsup:
    Your attempt sounds just a bit long to me, and I didn't like that "nuova famiglia" repeated;)

Grtngs

Italia

Colgo l'occasione per dare un beNvenuto alla nostra nuova famiglia negli Stati Uniti, e siamo lieti di accogliervi nella nostra famiglia.
    Except for the typo, your sentence sounds perfect to me!:)

G

lsp

NY
    US, English
    Thanks, G! I'm always left wondering when better speakers and/or natives make suggestions after I do, if they are offering alternatives or if mine is just wrong. I appreciate your taking a look at it for me!

< Previous | Next >