Welcome to all delegates

chiara9119

Italy Italian
Hi everybody,
I know that today is a sunny sunday but i would even more appreaciated if can have a look at this.
Fresh thnaks in advance,

Chiara

A very warm welcome to all my young and active delegates. My name is Chiara, I’m from Italy and I am one of the 45 young journalists working at the media team for the WYC.

So far I’ve been quite involved in voluntary works as well as in communications and I'm very willing to speak with the most of you and to know what you are up to all around the world. However you are a lot and we don’t want to miss even one of your voices! For this reason we would like to encourage you to leave messages and suggestions on the paper at the entrance hall or in the boxes provided in the path-foot building and to let us know as much as possible about your astonishing experiences. Please don’t feel ashamed to ask the “WYC Media” jumper wearing people to forget what they are doing to take pen and paper and listen to you. If they don’t want do call Ray Bugg at this number +44 (0) 131 244 7425 , your call will be refund.Furthermore if there is over there someone who wants to promote on “Positive News” is own project or is looking for something not examined otherwise (e.g. people with specific expertises, volunteers) please get in contact with me and I will be pleased to work on it together.Chiara Chiara

• Aupick

UK, English
    Hello chiara9119,

Generally it's very well written. Here are some suggestions:

chiara9119 said:
    A very warm welcome to all my young and active delegates. My name is Chiara, I’m from Italy and I am one of the 45 young journalists working at the media team for the WYC.

So far I’ve been quite involved in voluntary works as well as in communications and I'm very willing to speak with the most of you and to know what you are up to all around the world. However there are a lot of you and we don’t want to miss even one of your voices [stories?]! For this reason we would like to encourage you to leave messages and suggestions on the sheets of paper in the entrance hall or in the boxes provided in the path-foot [???] building and to let us know as much as possible about your astonishing experiences. Please don’t hesitate to ask any of the people wearing “WYC Media” jumpers to forget what they are doing in order to take pen and paper and listen to you. If they don’t want to, [or: 'if they're too busy,'] call Ray Bugg at this number +44 (0) 131 244 7425. Your call will be refunded. Furthermore if there is someone out there who wants to promote on “Positive News” as his or her [?] own project or is looking for something not covered elsewhere [?] (e.g. people with specific expertises, volunteers) please get in touch with me and I will be pleased to work on it together with you. ChiaraChiara

modgirl

USA English, French, Russian
    Hello Chiara,

Just a comment: generally, no matter what our ages, we don't tend to call our colleagues young unless they are younger than we are.

For instance, if I were addressing a group of teenagers (I'm over 21), I suppose I might address them as "young." But personally, I probably wouldn't because it would imply a distance between us.

To most of us here, eight-year-olds are young. However, eight-year-olds don't refer to themselves that way! Have you ever heard of a child saying, "I'd like to have a birthday party with some of my young friends"? Most likely, the child would just refer to his friends as "friends."

< Previous | Next >