Welcome & Welcomed

Nice Hadi

Arabic - English - French
Hello everyone here.
I am new in this useful web and I want to put my first question :

Is it correct to say :

Someone is not welcomed to participate in certain activity because of his nationality ?

I know it is more commom and widely used to say that "
someone is not welcome to participate in certain activity because of his nationality" but that is not my question. I am not asking which one is more more common or more used, but my question is it correct or not to say "
someone is not welcomed to participate in certain activity because of his nationality "

Thanks in advance to all your replies.

• b1947420

British English
    Hello everyone here.
    I am new in this useful web and I want to put my first question :

Is it correct to say :

Someone is not welcomed to participate in certain activity because of his nationality ?

I know it is more commom and widely used to say that "
    someone is not welcome to participate in certain activity because of his nationality" but that is not my question. I am not asking which one is more more common or more used, but my question is it correct or not to say "
    someone is not welcomed to participate in certain activity because of his nationality "

Thanks in advance to all your replies.
    Welcome to the forums.

The first example is not correct because you are using the past participle "welcomed" but your text is in the present.

Your second example is correct.

To use "welcomed" you would need to say something like "One was not welcomed....." putting the text in the past tense.

< Previous | Next >