Welcoming company

dim75c

Russian
Hello everyone!

I need to describe my company using just one word. I am thinking about the word 'welcoming'.
What do I mean by that? I try to find something close to:
- we are very friendly
- our customers are always welcome
- it is a great pleasure to conact us and be our client, partner or our team member :)
I am not sure if that is the proper word and it is perceived the way I would like to.

Does this word have the same meaning I try to express?

Last edited:
  • dim75c

Russian
    Unfortunately, I won't be given a chance to put this word in a sentence. It is a questionnaire for an advertising campaign creating. I have to find a word describing our organisational culture and it should be a 'one-word slogan' or the most important quality of the company packed in one word. Does 'welcoming' look grammatically correct and does it feel like:
    - we are very friendly
    - our customers are always welcome
    - it is a great pleasure to conact us and be our client, partner or our team member?
    Would the 'welcoming' have a meaning: 'We are welcoming company. You are always welcome!'?

Last edited:

dim75c

Russian
    I found some example sentences with the similar meaning:
    • ‘The website has a very friendly and welcoming layout.’
    • ‘One of the keys to hospitable service is greeting people with a smile and welcoming attitude.’
    • ‘It is a very friendly and welcoming community and I think he enjoyed meeting the people there.’
    But I still don't know if it's a good idea to use 'welcoming' as a name of the best quality when describing the company which doesn't do any hotel business. Will people understand that our service are very friendly and we love to be helpful and the company is opened to the world.

Elygianne

English, Devonian & Cornish
    Perhaps "cordial" meaning polite and courteous overall, in other words a little more formal than mere welcoming which indicates a less formal approach where one is probably already acquainted. Otherwise "informal" perhaps ?

dim75c

Russian
    Thank you very much, Elygianne! It is becoming clearer. I am now thinking about the figurative meaning of both. Does the 'welcoming' have a little bit broader sense than just 'greeting' and 'hospitable'. Is it suitable to say 'comfortable enough' or 'easy to get' choosing the word 'welcoming' or I am wrong in this point?

Elygianne

English, Devonian & Cornish
    I think it first depends on whether you want to approach it all on a formal or informal basis or about halfway. Think of it like a big luxurious hotel at one end as against a small bed and breakfast guest house at the other.

Generally speaking if it's more formal then "cordial" would be ok as if you were meeting strangers for the first time but politely anxious to make sure they'd always feel welcome. This takes into account their personal space whilst you always remain unobtrusive in the background.

If it's less formal then "informal" is a much easier and relaxed general term implying friendliness and used widely....

dim75c

Russian
    Many thanks, Elygianne, for your time and suggestions! I really appreciate your help.
    P.S. Special thanks for the 'mere'. I don't know why I've never used it before when speaking and writing:oops:.

Franco-filly

English - Southern England
    I'm wondering if "receptive" would work better, as cordial, informal may suggest a courteous reception but receptive could suggest that they are also willing to listen to the customers ideas, open to new business, etc.:rolleyes:

dim75c

Russian
    Hello again, Franco-filly!

Since advertising is a creative zone there are lots of ideas when words give a wide range of associations.
    What I am looking for is the word which can show the friendly reception and listening to the customers ideas as well, and it will be a total perfection if it also provides the idea of convenience of being our customer and that our service is easy to get. We work for our clients feel relax when using our services. That may look like when a person facing a new software enjoys its interface and structure, everything is clear and easy to operate and every icon and button 'welcomes' you to use the facilities of the computer program. That is why I originally chose 'welcoming' here. Does it work this way, what do you think?

I am very grateful for all your suggestions, they make me think more and present my ideas thoroughly. Thank you!

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >