We're all going on a Polish adventure

jodesya

England, English
Hey guys, I've recently booked a holiday to Poland and I want to say in Polish. We're all going on a Polish adventure. All I know is the words for Polish (Polska) and adventure (przygoda)... well I think that's right.
And also I'm looking for a good Polish language learning books for beginners/tourists. I want to be able to ask simple questions while I am there but written down it looks impossible to pronounce so I am looking for one with a phonetic guide if anybody knows of a good one.

Dziękują

• Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    Hey guys, ive recently booked a holiday to Poland and i want to say in Polish... we're all going on a Polish adventure... all i know is the words for polish (polska) and adventure (przygoda)... well i think that's right.
    And also Im looking for a good polish language learning books for beginners/tourists. I want to be able to ask simple questions while i am there but written down it looks impossible to pronounce so i am lookin for one with a phonetic guide if anybody knows of a good one.

Dziękują
    Hi,

Does go on a Polish adventure imply go on an adventure trip through Poland? If not what do you have in mind please?

Thanks,
    Tom

PS:
    Polish - polski
    Polska - Poland

jodesya

England, English
    It pretty much means that yes; as in it's an adventure because we havent been before...i could have just said we're going on a polish trip for example. It's a joke between my friends and I.
    Thanks

.Jordi.

polonès
    Actually, polish could mean polska, just like in your example:

a polish adventure = polska przygoda

Cheers guys :)

jodesya

England, English
    Thanks a lot :) And do you know of any good language books for learning Polish? I'd like to be able to say a few things while I'm there so I don't feel so ignorant!

Jana337

čeština
    From the resources collection:

http://www.meetpoland.com/learnpolish/meetings-and-greetings.html - for tourists (with audio files but you need to register for free to be able to listen to them)
    http://www.transparent.com/languagepages/Polish/FSPolish.htm - audio files with vocabulary for tourists
    http://forum.wordreference.com/showpost.php?p=335729&postcount=5

You can find an online course with audio in the resources, too. But if you just need a few tourist phrases, the above will do, I think. :)

jodesya

England, English
    Thanks a lot to everyone for your help and I apologise for my bad writing, I always forget to write properly in here and I realise it's not very good for those learning English!

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    Thanks for your anwer.
    It pretty much means that yes; as in it's an adventure because we havent been before...i could have just said we're going on a polish trip for example. It's a joke between my friends and I.
    Thanks
    In that case you could say:
    Czeka nas duża przygoda w Polsce.
    [literary]A big adventrue is awaiting us in Poland.
    or simply:
    Wszyscy jedziemy na wycieczkę do Polski.
    We are all going on a trip to Poland.
    Actually, polish could mean polska, just like in your example:

a polish adventure = polska przygoda

Cheers guys :)
    True point, thanks. :thumbsup:
    With one correction, however:
    a Polish adventure = polska przygoda
    ;)

Tom

< Previous | Next >