what a journey we’ve been on together so far!

Tea Addict

Republic of Korea Korean
Hello everyone. I would like to know what "what a journey we’ve been on together so far!" means in the following sentences:

To my agent extraordinaire, Cath Summerhayes: what a journey we’ve been on together so far! Thank you for being the hardest-working person I know (along with the names above!) and for championing me and my books at every opportunity. Thank you, too, for being such fun.

- Lucy Foley, The Guest List, Acknowledgements

This is a thriller novel published in 2020 in the United Kingdom. This is the acknowledgements by the author.

In this part, this is my small question, but would the underlined part mean that they had traveled different places all over the world up until now?
Or would that mean that they had gone through many events while preparing the book, and that the author is admiring it...?

In short, I wonder whether this "journey" is a real one or a figurative one, and what the underlined part means.

I would very much appreciate your help. :)

• The Newt

English - US
    [...]

In short, I wonder whether this "journey" is a real one or a figurative one, and what the underlined part means.

[...]
    It's almost certainly figurative. The process of writing, editing, and marketing the books is the journey the author and agent have made together.

Tea Addict

Republic of Korea Korean
    Dear The Newt,

Thank you very much for the explanation.
    So it would mean that the process of making the book was a "journey," and the author is admiring how the two of them went through the whole process up until now.
    I sincerely appreciate your help. :)