What can I do to compete for your future business?

< Previous | Next >

prk14

USA/ English
What would a good translation for "What can I do to compete for your future business?" be?

• coursic

France French
    Bonjour !
    I suppose that you would like to work with this company?
    => Qu'est-ce que je peux faire pour être embauché ? (what can I do to be employed by you?)
    ??

prk14

USA/ English
    actually the message I am trying to get accross is: what can my company do to serve your company's needs in the future?

vanagreg

France, French
    Well, in that sense, I would translate What can I do to compete for your future business?" with:

En quoi puis-je être utile à ta future entreprise?

BigRedDog

France, French
    Well, in that sense, I would translate What can I do to compete for your future business?" with:

En quoi puis-je être utile à ta future entreprise?
    "future entreprise"? I don't think so

Perhaps something along:

Et dans le futur, comment pensez-vous que ma société pourrait vous aider?

vanagreg

France, French
    I translated the original sentence, which doesn't mention a company but just "I", and a future business (that is not created yet, if I understand correctly).

What's wrong with "future entreprise?"

Entreprendre means to undertake, so "entreprise" is something you create, you start up, in certain case you can even use "enterprise" in English I guess.

BigRedDog

France, French
    I translated the original sentence, which doesn't mention a company but just "I", and a future business (that is not created yet, if I understand correctly).

What's wrong with "future entreprise?"

Entreprendre means to undertake, so "entreprise" is something you create, you start up, in certain case you can even use "enterprise" in English I guess.
    Nope. Il s'agit des affaires faites dans le future, pas d'une future entreprise.

Actually prk14 described exactly what he had in mind in a previous post: "what can my company do to serve your company's needs in the future?"

< Previous | Next >