"what did i do " and "he has been taling about you.A bit annoying"

hem_dinesh

India- Local Dialect & English
hello anybody could give me meaing for these two sentences please.
First one what did i do

second one
" a bit annoying " which comes when we are taking like above.

• Cathy Rose

United States English
    I'm assuming the sentence you're asking about is, "What did I do?". If so, then Speaker A is probably asking how s/he has offended Speaker B. The rest of the sentence might be "What did I do wrong?"
    If the second sentence is a reply to the first, then the answer to "What did I do?" is that Speaker A is irritating or bothering Speaker B. Without correct puntuation, it's difficult to know the details. It would help a lot, Hem, if you used proper capitalization and punctuation. ;)

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Hello,
    anybody could Could anybody give me the meaning for of these two sentences please.
    First one: What did i I do?

second one Note: this is an adjectival phrase, not a sentence.
    " a bit annoying " which comes when we are taking like above.
    Welcome to the forums, hem_dinesh. We ask that each thread have a single topic.

hem_dinesh

Here some more context for that ,actually this is from harry potter and chamber of secrets
    A girl name ginny came down from upstairs and asks her mother something. Then her mother gives the answer. After watching harry potter she goes away by showing a strange look to harry.Then Harry ask ron what did i do?. Ron answers Ginny she's been taking about you all the summer.A bit annoying,really.

Now I would like to is I don't understand the phrase A bit annoying,really. why she gets annoying.And could you give the interpretation for this complete phrase also,please.

Thank you.

Trisia

Romanian
    Hi.

"What did I do?" means that Harry is wondering what part of his behaviour displeased Ginny. Usually, when someone looks at you in a strange or upset way, you can say "What did I do?" = to mean something like "I don't remember doing anything wrong, why are you looking at me like that?"

Of course, sometimes you say that knowing very well what upset the other one, but you're trying to cover it (make it seem like you're innocent).

hem_dinesh

If you don't mind my doubt was there with A bit annoying,really. why she is annoyed or is there any meaning for this phrase.Please clear this.

Thank you .

Trisia

Romanian
    Please start different threads for different topics, hem-dinesh. If they're related, you can add a link to for everyone to see both of them :)

Say you're home from school, for summer. And your sister talks about a only one person, every day, whenever the family meets for breakfast, lunch and dinner, when you go out together, and when you go to her room and ask how she is she says something about that person again, wouldn't you get annoyed?

Ron was a bit exaggerating, probably, when he said her behaviour was annoying, but that's what it means -- that she talked too much about Harry.

hem_dinesh

Thank you very much. You mean ron was annoyed by her behaviour(talking about potter too much) during summer.

< Previous | Next >