What do you say to ...

< Previous | Next >

Akasaka

Japanese
Hello members,

I googled "What do you say to a cup of coffee?" and got About 365,000 results. But when I googled "What do you say to having a cup of coffee," I got only 6 results. Why is this? You don't use the latter? If so, how does the latter sound to you?

Thanks in advance.

• dojibear

English - Northeast US
    Are any of the 365,000 results meaningful? Are they in English? Mine said it get 2 million results, but there were only 3 pages of them. Once I clicked "next" it corrected to 24 results. And 22 of them were in foreign languages, people trying to translate this phrase.

When I clicked the "english language only" option the number went down to 5 results. 5 actual uses of the phrase "what do you say to a cup of coffee?"

velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    "What would you say to a cup of coffee?" It's a common way of suggesting something.

What would you say to an evening at the theatre, followed by dinner and a 'cup of coffee' back at my place?

What would you say to an evening at a four star hotel starting with a cocktail hour followed by a gourmet meal including Greek Salad with cucumbers, kalamata olives, feta cheese and cheery tomatoes or a baby spinach salad with cherry tomatoes, pancetta, caramelized onions with a champagne vinaigrette followed by roasted pork tenderloin with hazelnut brown butter a beautiful grilled salmon with yellow tomato beurre blanc accompanied by garlic and oregano roasted potatoes and seasonal vegetables with fresh herbs, freshly baked rolls and sweet cream butter.

Athens-Limestone Hospital :D

< Previous | Next >