What does "bowling balls" mean in the follwing sentence?

rawakate

Korean
That's my wife. That's my son. And that's me.
And there are about ten bowling balls in that photo that shouldn't be there, but they were there.

It is what ted lecturer said but I can't understand its meaning.
Because there is no bowling ball or pin. It's just ordinary family picture taken at the outside.
So I guess it might be a kind of metaphor...

Loob

English UK
The clue is in the next few sentences:
And in 2011, I heard a fact that changed my life. What I heard was that if you are obese, the likelihood of your child being obese increases by 50%. [...]

Now, I knew something had to change.

and in the title of the talk Just Juice for 60 Days: Kabir Kumar at TEDxFremont (Full Transcript)

The speaker was overweight: he was carrying excess weight equivalent to the weight of ten bowling balls.

rawakate

Korean
The clue is in the next few sentences:
And in 2011, I heard a fact that changed my life. What I heard was that if you are obese, the likelihood of your child being obese increases by 50%. [...]

Now, I knew something had to change.

and in the title of the talk Just Juice for 60 Days: Kabir Kumar at TEDxFremont (Full Transcript)

The speaker was overweight: he was carrying excess weight equivalent to the weight of ten bowling balls.
Wow... now I can get it...I struggled to understand because I was focusing on wrong point. Thanks for your help, Loob :)