What does ei mean here?

• pfaa09

Portugal - Portuguese
    Ou ter me ei tornado mais resistente à dor?"
    Ter-me-ei tornado mais resistente à dor? (We don't use it without hyphens)
    Have I become more resistant to pain?

Ei (future form) of the verb to have. The pronoun (me) is placed between the main verb (ter = have) and the future form (ei).
    We use this verb conjugation (conjugação pronominal) to express doubt, not for something that is yet to happen (future).

Last edited:

Guigo

Português (Brasil)

From Wikipedia

Mesoclitic

A mesoclitic appears between the stem of the host and other affixes. For example, in Portuguese, conquistar-se ("it will be conquered"), dá-lo-ei ("I will give it"), matá-la-ia ("he/she/it would kill her"). These are found much more often in writing than in speech. It is even possible to use two pronouns inside the verb, as in dar-no-lo ("he/she/it will give it to us"), or dar-ta-ei (ta = te + a, "I will give it/her to you"). As in other Western Romance languages, the Portuguese synthetic future tense comes from the merging of the infinitive and the corresponding finite forms of the verb haver (from Latin habēre), which explains the possibility of separating it from the infinitive.

redbourn

UK English

From Wikipedia

Mesoclitic

A mesoclitic appears between the stem of the host and other affixes. For example, in Portuguese, conquistar-se ("it will be conquered"), dá-lo-ei ("I will give it"), matá-la-ia ("he/she/it would kill her"). These are found much more often in writing than in speech. It is even possible to use two pronouns inside the verb, as in dar-no-lo ("he/she/it will give it to us"), or dar-ta-ei (ta = te + a, "I will give it/her to you"). As in other Western Romance languages, the Portuguese synthetic future tense comes from the merging of the infinitive and the corresponding finite forms of the verb haver (from Latin habēre), which explains the possibility of separating it from the infinitive.
    Thank you very much for the helpful reply.