what does productivity mean in this sentence

Sun14

Chinese
Hello, my friends,

This is an sentence from a advert telling of the benefit you can get from Cisco, a website specialized in online meeting. I was wondering what productivity means:

Join us for a webinar to learn how the Cisco WebEx Collaboration suite can help you drive profitability and productivity in your operations with minimal investments.

• Linkway

British English
    Loosely, productivity here means the ease or speed with which you can get things done.

Increased productivity means you get more work done with less waste of time and less cost.

Note that in economics there is a more formal definition which indicates the efficiency of a productive process, eg how man-hours it takes to assemble cars.

Last edited:

Linkway

British English
    Yes, it's similar to efficiency but not the same in technical contexts.

For example, you might say that LED lighting is more efficient than incandescent lighting because it produces more light output from less electricity input.

Productivity is used most often when talking about how efficient a productive process is eg manufacturing, or in a office or kitchen.

Do not confuse productivity with the total amount of production.

Do not confuse productivity simplistically with how hard someone works or how long they work.

Productivity is the efficiency with which the work is dkne; productivity can be improved by better equipment and better organisation.

Last edited:

Sun14

Chinese
    Yes, it's similar to efficiency but not the same in technical contexts.

For example, you might say that LED lighting is more efficient than incandescent lighting because it produces more light output from less electricity input.

Productivity is used most often when talking about how efficient a productive process is eg manufacturing, or in a office or kitchen.

Do not confuse productivity with the total amount of production.

Do not confuse productivity simplistically with how hard someone works or how long they work.

Productivity is the efficiency with which the work is dkne; productivity can be improved by better equipment and better organisation.
    I think so because another sentence reads Online Meetings help improve productivity and efficiency. I guess there might nuance. I guess it might mean performance.

< Previous | Next >