what does this mean"It's the black shadows in the bushes yelling 'NO PLZ' 'NO PLZ'"?

hoshi04

Banned
India - Hindi
There were 3 hunters in Africa.One German, one Englishman, one Swede.Each evening at camp they bragged about what they killed during the day."I killed a lion", said the Englishman."I killed an elephant", said the German."I killed a nopliss", said the Swede.The other hunters looked at each other, wondering what a nopliss was.Since they wanted to act professional they didn't ask.The next day they bragged again."I killed 3 elephants", said the German."I killed 4 lions", said the Englishman."I killed 32 noplisses", said the Swede.Finally the German asked the Swede "what the hell is a nopliss?!".
The Swede replied "Oh you don't know?It's the black shadows in the bushes yelling 'NO PLZ' 'NO PLZ' 'NO PLZ'".

• Barque

Tamil
    Are you sure you have copied the last line correctly? It's probably "No, please".

The joke, such as it is, is that those black shadows were people, who were shouting "No, please don't shoot" and the hunter thought they were yelling out their names.

Edit: On second thoughts, I think the hunter thought they were animals and called them "nopliss" for the the sound he thought they made.

Last edited:

suzi br

English / England
    Are you sure you have copied the last line correctly? It's probably "No, please".

The joke, such as it is, is that those black shadows were people, who were shouting "No, please don't shoot" and the hunter thought they were yelling out their names.
    Or rather that the hunter is happy to shoot black people. This "joke" is not my idea of humour.

suzi br

English / England
    I think there are two "jokes" here - the first that the Swede will kill a human being (I know - hilarious - especially when it has a racist overtone, killing native Africans).

Then the Englishman depicted as so stupid he will say things he doesn't understand so he claims to have killed 34 noplis, which is not real animal, just the nickname the Swede has made for the people begging for their lives in the bush.

Are you chuckling merrily now, hoshi04?

Any joke that involves threee people from different nationalities is usually a dig at the stereotype of onw of the nations. Here you have the stereotype is of the stupid English.

hoshi04

Banned
    India - Hindi
    I think there are two "jokes" here - the first that the Swede will kill a human being (I know - hilarious - especially when it has a racist overtone, killing native Africans).

Then the Englishman depicted as so stupid he will say things he doesn't understand so he claims to have killed 34 noplis, which is not real animal, just the nickname the Swede has made for the people begging for their lives in the bush.

Are you chuckling merrily now, hoshi04?

Any joke that involves threee people from different nationalities is usually a dig at the stereotype of onw of the nations. Here you have the stereotype is of the stupid English.
    Now I get it....thank you soo much :) ^^

Barque

Tamil
    Then the Englishman depicted as so stupid he will say things he doesn't understand so he claims to have killed 34 noplis,
    It's the Swede who claimed to have killed the "nopliss", not the Englishman. I think the joke is that the Swede thought he was killing animals who made the sound "nopliss" and didn't realise they were actually humans.

suzi br

English / England
    It's the Swede who claimed to have killed the "nopliss", not the Englishman. I think the joke is that the Swede thought he was killing animals who made the sound "nopliss" and didn't realise they were actually humans.
    Either way, it isn't very funny.

And yes, I mis-read the event of the next day's shooting. Sorry - shoot me now!

< Previous | Next >