what I remember enjoying the most [verb?]

Tofail

Bangla
I found this sentence in an exercise book:
Unrestricted play is what I remember enjoying the most.
The underlined clause is a noun clause and there has no be verb; therefore the sentence looks incorrect to me.
What do you think?

• LVRBC

English-US, standard and medical
    I think the verb is "is." The sentence looks correct to me. "...there has no be verb..." is incorrect, however. Do you mean, "there is no verb"?

andrewg927

English - American
    I think Tofail meant since this is a noun clause, there should not be a verb there. But there is no rule that a noun clause can't have a verb in it. Of course, if you were talking about something else, go ahead and explain.

Tofail

Bangla
    I think Tofail meant since this is a noun clause, there should not be a verb there. But there is no rule that a noun clause can't have a verb in it. Of course, if you were talking about something else, go ahead and explain.
    I really want to say that as it is a noun clause and it uses "enjoying", it should have a be verb there. Now I feel that the verb in that clause is "remember" and enjoying" is a gerund. What do you think?

andrewg927

English - American
    I really want to say that as it is a noun clause and it uses "enjoying", it should have a be verb there. Now I feel that the verb in that clause is "remember" and enjoying" is a gerund. What do you think?
    Remember is a verb and enjoying is a gerund.

< Previous | Next >