What is taught is what is learned.

< Previous | Next >
  • Copyright

American English
    I'm finding it difficult to imagine that the chapter would not relate to the chapter title. As it is, I can only guess at the nuance of "What is taught is what is learned."

It could be positive: Students will learn what you teach them.
    It could be negative: You can teach students anything – true or false – and they will learn it as truth.
    It could be constraining: Students will only learn what is taught to them.
    Or it could be something else.

Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    When I studied education, we were often told: "If they haven't learnt it, you haven't taught it."

I guess this quotetion means the same: "What you have taught is what the students have actually learned; this may not be what you think you have taught."

Tofail

Bangla
    When I studied education, we were often told: "If they haven't learnt it, you haven't taught it."

I guess this quotetion means the same: "What you have taught is what the students have actually learned; this may not be what you think you have taught."
    I think your understanding works here Keith Bradford.
    Thank you.

DonHamm

English-United States
    What does it mean: "What is taught is what is learned."?
    Possibly, it means that we are not truly masters on a subject unless we are able to teach it. I've heard around that when you teach something to someone, you retain the information better, and also witness the different ways in which different people go about learning.

< Previous | Next >